Greetings again my fellow Hivers, it's me @JustinParke with the latest Plant-Based Weekly Cooking Challenge, where I feature last week's winners and provide a new set of ingredients for this week's challenge.
Plant-Power Cooking Challenge
🥦🌽🍉 WEEK #22 🍈🍅🥜
I must admit it's now getting difficult for me to drum up new lists of ingredients each, but I don't let it deter me, and instead I choose to embrace the challenge. I hope this week provides you all with some pleasant surprises, and perhaps if I'm lucky I'll see a bread pudding from one of you chefs.
It's Thursday again, and that means a new challenge and new ingredients, each of which you may use one or more within your recipe submission. Not only is this challenge published from this account, I also share the link within the Plant Power curation posted every Thursday via the main @NaturalMedicine account.
Plant Power Cooking ChallengeHIVE rewards sponsored by @shanibeer
Week #21 Winner(s)
It was recently Independence Day in Indonesia, and this dessert was the perfect patriotic treat for the occasion. The Indonesian flag is red and white, and so is this dessert, made from coconut milk, sweet potatoes and tapioca flour, with a little raspberry paste to get the perfect red hue.
Congratulations @aswita! You are the winner of 3 HIVE and a 5% beneficiary of this post.
2nd & 3rd Prize Winners
Chef @blackberryskunk made something I had never heard of, and that always grabs my attention. This master Balkan baker wowed me again with an appley-cinnamony treat that has been around for 200+ years. This snack wouldn't typically be made using vegan methods, so we're in luck, now move over baklava, gibanica is the new sheriff in town.
The vegan apple pancakes prepared by chef @carolynstahl might make a kitchen smell quite similar to the prevoius chef's treat, but these beauties are cooked on the stove instead of in it. They very apple-y, containing apples in the pancake batter combined with layers of applesauce in between the cakes and topped with apple syrup, a must-visit recipe.
Definitely not to be left out this week is a Delicious Lasagna from chef @journeylife and @sreypov's Banana Blossom Salad. These two chefs always impress, so if you have a moment, pay these talented ladies' culinary creations a visit.
Week #22 Ingredients/Styles:
- You can create a dish with all three ingredients, or just one, or even two.
- You can use any other ingredient you like, but one of the listed vegetables should be the feature of the dish.
- You can use item(s) from the other column if you'd like to use a sweet in your savory or a savory in your sweet, but you must use at least one ingredient in the recommended flavor style.
- No animal products can be used
- Post in the Natural Medicine community and use any other tag such as #vegan, #plantbased, and #foodie, as your secondary tags
- Please drop the link below this post.
- Also, don't forget the #naturalmedicine tag if you want to earn LOTUS.
- Each week I'll choose a winner to be receive part post beneficiary of my curation posts.
- 1st prize is 3 HIVE + 5% post beneficiary, 2nd prize is 2 HIVE + 3% post beneficiary, and 3rd prize is 2% post beneficiary. HIVE rewards courtesy of @shanibeer.
- If you'd like to sponsor this challenge, please drop a message below.
- Great posts may get nominated for OCD support, reblogged, tweeted and even tipped!
Earn LOTUS and HIVE rewards for sharing your natural health content on www.naturalmedicine.io. If you don't already have a HIVE account, you can sign up for
FREEhere. We support writers sharing about herbalism, TCM, yoga, meditation, vegan and other healthy diets, as well as earth-centered practices such as foraging, permaculture, and biodynamics - read more about us here!
Delegate | Community | Discord | LotusChat