Companions can be as diverse as grains of sand on a beach or celestial bodies throughout the heavens. The only requirement is that one or more objects, psyches, or bodies accompany each other.
We take the concept of a companion for granted. However, this is not a bad thing. We want to believe it refers to people who love and support each other. We can look up "companion" images on Pixabay and see pictures of cute animals and the people that can love them. The term companions can be much colder but realistic.
Your nemesis can be a companion that ceaselessly acts against you. It can force you to adapt and change to survive in a harsh environment. You may detest your nemesis' existence, but you can never deny its impact upon you. Hopefully, it's not a nemesis that accompanies you through your life but a supportive group that provides a similar benefit.
As we travel through time into the inevitable abyss of the unknown, the companions we meet help define and drive us forward.
Seeking: WOTW Adventurers!
@Calumam is the creator of the Word of the Week Contest and this week's entry. Contestants create and post articles focused upon the chosen word.
- Contestants compete for a 100 POB reward pool.
- Participating in the contest itself is a reward as qualifying articles have a chance for higher rewards.
It doesn't matter if your article is related to finance, STEM, free-writing, images, or anything else. If you can adapt your work towards the Word of the Week and its rules:
But first, there are some critical issues to discuss related to participation in the community and HIVE in general.
@Calumam normally chooses each new word for the contest. Next week represents the end of this season and a beginning of a new contest following a week of development. The rules, however, will be unchanged.
Recommendations to avoid disqualification
- Plagiarized articles will lead to contest disqualification and likely more.
- Don't use the #pob-wotw tag more than once per article submission.
- Don't write an article about next week's word.
- Include the selected word in your article (we are not mind readers)
- Please include the #pob-wotw tag in your article submission.
- Use the proofofbrain.io front-end OR the new proofofbrain.blog.
- This week's contest started 15/8/21 @ 00:00 UTC
- This week's contest ends 22/8/21 @ 00:00 UTC; no new entries are accepted after this time without consideration. If your article appears after I've published the winners, there's nothing I can do.
Are you new to Hive, or is this your first time posting to POB? There are some articles that the community recommends for reading:
- 3 things Newbies should do in their first week on Hive
- The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Proof of Brain
- How to post like a pro - Complete guide to Markdown formatting
- CCC/Abuse and Plagiarism
On the Lookout
We're looking forward to seeing more of your posts. Until then, and after, have a blessed week.
It's a bit sad that we're coming to the end of the season without Calumam, but I'm glad the WOTW can continue. Community support has been outstanding.
The following people listed below are already participating in the contest. Please support and engage the authors below.
Let me know if you have entered an article into the contest and don't see your name on the list:
|@flexyg||POB-WOTW: Choose the right COMPANION|
|@shubhwaj||Companions Are Indispensable And Friends Are The Best Companions|
|@kevinnag58||Man's Best Friend - POB-WOTW - Companion|
⭐️Do you like contests?⭐️
If you love contests, we have highlighted a few below that you may enjoy! The table below presents a few authors, along with examples of their contests. Dates may vary when each new contest occurs, so follow along to get the most recent updates!
Did you miss the current contest? No problem! Just follow the authors above and be ready for their next game!
Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay
In some ways, we're all companions in the HIVE ecosystem. We may not interact with each other continuously, but we feel the effects of our presence. I'm glad to be here with everyone, and I look forward to your entries.
I look forward to providing more in the future. Thank you for reading and following on throughout my Hive journey.
If you like this article, please consider upvoting and following @scholaris!