On Wednesday my intern would be here and she and I and the carpenter and the carpenter’s trailer would be moving mulch first thing. The hay guy had said he had about 30 – 40 bales, but in the end there were 51 and we made 2 trips.
While we were gone my helper who comes to clean tackled the big bookcase, taking the books out, vacuuming each one, dusting and polishing the shelf before putting them all back. It hadn’t been done last year and with the masons’ dust, it was bad.
I asked the carpenter if while we had the trailer, could we go and finally empty the storage unit? There was this couch, boxes of photo albums, 3 file cabinets, and some storage boxes for the workshop. He was game and so we went and got everything of mine out of the unit.
There’s just a few things left in it that belonged to my husband’s mom and his brother will have to deal with them. The unit’s paid through the end of November and that will be one less bill I have to deal with.
I plan to put the open cubbies on the floor with the drawers above and the long narrow drawer between them. The drawers will hold my husband’s corded power tools.
My helper also brought up all these storm windows from the cellar. I have to get them washed in preparation for the window washing on Saturday.
I still have moved next to nothing out of the kitchen back into the office, making cooking difficult. But I’ll just keep chipping away at the cleaning…