For the past two weeks, Hive Keychain DHF proposal has been going above and below the return proposal. Since last Saturday, it stopped being funded, around 200k HP short of the return proposal at the time of writing.
Because Keychain is an important part of our ecosystem, even without funding we will of course continue to maintain the extension, but with your help, there is so much more we can achieve.
Hive Keychain extension
- Improve security by warning users when transfering to a potential phishing account.
- Ledger integration (by @quochuy) to improve key security.
- Facilitate the onboarding process. We want Keychain to be a part of this process and make it as seamless as possible. Onboarding tools could send newly created accounts information directly to Keychain (upon user agreement, ofc).
- Be ready for the SMTs. From showing SMTs balances and history to requesting transfers or other operations, there is a lot to do to prepare the arrival of the SMTs. We will make sure that everything is ready at HF time.
- Add information to the witness page
- Claiming account creation tokens
- Proposals information
- Improving user experience on existing features.
- Create and host a landing page
- Keep improving accounts management.
- Implement necessary features following Hard Forks or community requests.
Hive Keychain mobile
We've received lots of encouragement regarding the development of Keychain mobile, and we have an amazing App under development. Because it requires a lot of time (development, design...) and resources to build such an App from scratch,we need this proposal to be able to deliver.
- All operations currently available from the extension's popup
- Importing accounts via QR code
- Fingerprint unlock on supporting devices
- Supporting transactions from other Apps, as the extension does
- React Native, Android and iOS libraries for easily integrating Keychain to other mobile Apps
- Use browser dApps on public computers without importing your keys, sign from mobile App
- Mobile web browsing with Keychain capability
- Great interface and UX by @nateaguila
Around 5 months and a half (to November 15th) are left in the proposal, with a requested payout of 200 HBD/day.
We are fully transparent and all this work will be opensource and available on Hive Keychain and Hive Keychain Mobile repositories.
On top of that, we will keep publishing weekly updates on the @keychain account as we have been doing so far.
So you don't need to take our word for it, everything is out there!
Whether you're a minnow a whale, every vote counts. So if you love Keychain, we're counting on you ;)
Support Hive Keychain development by voting for this proposal on PeakD, on HiveDao or with HiveSigner.
100% of payout is redirected to the DAO