Hello all, it's @justinparke here! Welcome to the same ole' Plant Based Challenge, but in our new community! Not much has changed at all, except if you'd like to earn LOTUS for your posts, you'll now need to use the tag #lotus instead of #naturalmedicine.
First of all, a few changes - the challenge post and the wrap up will be in the ONE post this time. We also have a nice few delegations coming in, so our upvote is starting to grow. If you'd like to support #vegan #plantbased content in this community, us plant powered folk would all appreciate it!
The latest Plant-Based Weekly Cooking Challenge features a new set of ingredients for the week ahead's challenge!
Plant-Based Cooking Challenge
🥦🌽🍉 WEEK #32 🍈🍅🥜
there were some incredible entries for last week's competition, and it was really hard to choose a winner, but the amazing red cake below stole my heart. I've tried to keep you all on your toes as usual, and I've provided you with a new set of ingredients for this week's challenge, but first let's check out the winners.
Plant Power Cooking ChallengeHIVE rewards sponsored by @plantstoplanks
Week #31 Winner(s)
Just look at it! Southeast Asians have long known that beans are for dessert, but they aren't making anything like this beauty. The photography, the beauty, the redness, and we already this chef's baking skills are on point. Put some protein in your dessert, it's more filling and makes more richer-er. This cake needs no further explanation, go visit the post, be amazed, smash the upvote button 100%.
Congratulations @blackberryskunk! You are the winner of 6 HIVE.
2nd & 3rd Prize Winners
Our 2nd place winner, @aswita, made her version of the dish that made me fall in love with Indonesian food, urap. It's a boiled/steamed vegetable salad brought together by coconut-ty sour spicy goodness that is way more delicious than the words I just used to describe this dish. Every chef puts their little twist on urap, and I particularly like her take on this legendary treat.
The winner of our 3rd prize, @kyleana, shared a simple but delicious dish that works just as well as a dish as it does a standalone meal. Beans/lentils and rice is a balanced meal that's been consumed by humans for many centuries. I have gone through periods of life where I lived on two meals a day that were very similar to the one shared by chef.
Week #31 Ingredients/Styles:
- You can create a dish with all three ingredients, or just one, or even two.
- You can use any other ingredient you like, but one of the listed vegetables should be the feature of the dish.
- You can use item(s) from the other column if you'd like to use a sweet in your savory or a savory in your sweet, but you must use at least one ingredient in the recommended flavor style.
- No animal products can be used
- Post in the Plant Power (Vegan) Community and use any other tag(s) such as #vegan, #plantbased, and #foodie, as your secondary tags.
- Please drop the link below this post.
- Also, don't forget the #lotus tag if you want to earn LOTUS.
1st prize is 6 HIVE 2nd prize is 3 HIVE 3rd prize 1 HIVE
- If you'd like to sponsor this challenge, please drop a message below.
- Great posts may get reblogged, tweeted, and even tipped!
How to Be Curated by PLANT POWER
Use the tags #lotus #vegan #plantbased
Post in the Plant Power Community
Ensure your recipes are plant based - although we don't preach any diets, this curation would like to focus on plants rather than dairy or meat additions to recipes.
Use clear, well focussed photographs - and ORIGINAL content!