Happy start of the week plant lovers! From here we prepare a different dish. Since we believe that we can do everything with the commune, we had a little rice left from the day before but it was not enough for lunch so we decided to make a
A stir-fry of lentils with rice and vegetables
For this you will need:
- Soak the lentils in water for 12 hours and after that time rinse them and bring them to a boil with new water. You can add salt and oregano
- Cut the onions, olives, paprika and garlic into squares.
- When the lentils are soft, remove from the heat. And strain them to discard the water.
- In a frying pan put a little oil and add the garlic and white onion, add the seasonings
- When you feel soft add the rest of the red onion, paprika and finally the olive.
- When it is integrated add the lentils and mix with a wooden spoon.
When the mixture is loose add the rice.
- Finally add the long onion or chives, mix a little and that's it, remove it from the stove.
Lentils are wonderful grains, they are high in protein and fiber. If the grains give you gas, it is best to soak the day before and then wash and cook them with new water, if you notice that a light foam forms during cooking, remove it with the spoon and continue cooking until it softens.