There are so many reasons to curate manually !
I would like to divide them on community and personal reasons !
Community reasons :
- Helping the community to grow and improve. If you curate automatically, you will not notice a lot of great content and new authors joining the space.
- Supporting the platform itself. So, when you curate manually and find new people who joined, they will be all supported, and they will automatically promote the platform.
- Helping the new communities created to thrive. Including new tokens, initiatives and contests. So, a great idea will never be missed.
- Encourage new communities to be created, initiatives to be supported, contests to be run and ideas to find feedback.
- Supporting the tags, what improve the marketing of the platform. Because the more various the content is, the more likely the platform will be found on search engines.
- It's also easier to find good content to curate. So, while curating manually, you will find more and more ways to find what to curate !
Personal reasons :
- You may support those who are supporting you.
- Support your commenters to be active, so you will get enough feedback.
- When you manually you curate, you will help more people to find your content.
- When the community notice your curating manually, you get rewarded for that.
- Also, not curating your own content help you to curate only others.
As you see, curating manually have so many benefits, for the community and yourself.