Done with the shading, so I decided to ditch the circle. I don't know why. I just didn't like it anymore. I played with a few things like the idea of floating yellow petals or this shell-shaped spiral, but ultimately decided to go with more leaves! (Who could have guessed? Haha). I felt like this promoted the asymmetry I was trying to have without being the focus of your eye.
Happy with my choice, I decided to go for it. Adding the paint to the page. The simpler leaves for the right half were the best route. I did end up returning to these leaves later and adding a little bit more depth to them as they felt too simple. This was also the start of the shading of the antlers.
Time to celebrate the completion of the antlers. I made this process a bit more frustrating for myself than it needed to be by not having a plan of attack. As time progressed, I ended up with less and less "natural white" left to work with. So, I decided to commit to full grey. Using a darker grey for my shading in all the nooks and crannies. I think overall it worked out. Allowed the skull to remain the centerpiece.
All that is left is a few details around the moss area. Cleaning up some of the leaves on the right side and the inking of the triangle. Above are the final results! Overall, I am super happy with the final piece. I do wish I had taken a bit more time to account for my bad lighting. I get it sorted one of these days.
Check out my friends and fellow collaborators on HIVE!