Dear chess friends!
The 2 final rounds of season 3 will be played tomorrow Friday from 20 to 22 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). The original announcement with more information about this Hivechess tournament you can find here.
It will be (like last time) 2 rounds back to back, first we start with a 3+0 superblitz round in Arena mode, followed by a final 5+0 classic blitz chess round in Swiss Tournament mode with 7 rounds. Together it will take app. 2 hours.
Both rounds will be rated independently, you don´t have to attend both! But not joining the full show tomorrow would be half the fun, right?
Current Ranking after 9 rounds.
- 20 GMT: 3+0 (3 minutes per game, no increment), 55min., arena mode, no streaks
Tournament Link: https://lichess.org/tournament/9MyaMbsz
4 min bio break
21 GMT: 5+0 (5 minutes per game, no increment), 7 rounds Swiss tournament mode
Tournament Link: https://lichess.org/swiss/jDEp8Mm5
Your final chance to get a price! Price pool is around 450 Hive so far and distributed one week after the final results are posted!
Time difference from Greenwich Mean Time GMT 20.00:
|Los Angeles||-7 hours||13.00h|
|New York, Venezuela||−4 hours||16.00h|
|UTC, GMT, Reykjavik, Freetown||0||20.00h|
|Paris, Munich, Madrid, Nigeria, Vienna||+1 hours||21.00h|
|Moscow, Les'ky, Istanbul||+3 hours||23.00h|
|Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore||+8 hours||04.00h|
GMT time converter: https://time.is/en/GMT
- For Hivers, Steemians and all others!
- Players of all skill levels are welcome, from newbies to experts, you just need a free Lichess-account!
- Every Friday is one round (with few exceptions)
- Time mode is varying (5+0, 3+2,...), rated, berserking allowed (except in Swiss mode)
- The winner of each round gets 8 points, the second 7,... and the 8th 1 point. In case two players have the same number of points, the one who played less rounds is first. If that is equal too, then the average tournament performance decides.
- PAYOUT: A season goes over 11 rounds and points are summed up. All Hivechess-related post rewards are pooled and 90% go to the price pool. The winner will get 30% of that price pool, the second 20%, the third 10%, the rest is divided equally among the other players according to the no. of rounds they have played. So everyone has a chance to get something and the more you play the more you get! Prices are payed out only in Hive Tokens.
- If I don´t know your Hive (or Steem) username, I can´t consider you in the rankings, so please let me know your Hive name in the comments or in the Lichess chat
- If you have not yet joined our team in Lichess, please do it here, so that you can participate (required for Swiss tournaments only).
Swiss Tournament Rules
There are several differences between the "normal" arena mode and the Swiss mode which needs to be considered:
|Arena tournaments||Swiss tournaments|
|Requirement to be in our team||no||yes|
|Duration of the tournament||Predefined duration in minutes||Predefined max rounds, but duration unknown|
|Number of games||As many as can be played in the allotted duration||Decided in advance, same for all players|
|Pairing system||Any available opponent with similar ranking||Best pairing based on points and tie breaks|
|Pairing wait time||Fast: doesn't wait for all players||Slow: waits for all players|
|Streaks & Berserk||Yes||No|
|Points||Win: 2, Draw: 1||Win: 1, Draw: 1/2, Not paired: 1|
|Late joiners||get no points||get 1/2 point gift|
Please share this announcement among your (chess) friends and colleagues!
The more participate, the more fun! And maybe some are even interested to join Hive and it´s Chess Community?
Good luck All!
Potentially of interest for
@aakrist @alberto0607 @ambarvegas @anadello @anli @arsenal49 @behiver @bitsignal @cerati @chesthetica @darruiz @digitalis @elprofe62 @eniolw @evgsk @foxconnmars @franciscomarval @gingerbyna @gravitcaper @heimindanger @hierro21 @hirohurl @iceblue @iobates @jaki01 @jkms @johannesboldt @juanmi96 @kintokris @kreur @marcusantoniu26 @maciejficek @manncpt @meedo @mstafford @oshiokhenhoya @parung76 @pereu4ivatel @rafaelaquino @renerondon @rodrook @samostically @sawko @schamangerbert @soluce07 @spacetoon @the01crow @uliseshb @vjap55 @walner @yazp @zacherybinx