Cooking vegetables by stuffing gives an amazing flavour and texture. Mostly Capsicum and Bitter Gourd we make stuffed. There are various types of stuffing that can be prepared like potato stuffing, Gram flour stuffing with some nuts and spices etc. Here I used stuffing made with gram flour, groundnuts and other spices.
- Capsicum 250 gms
- Gram flour 1/2 cup
- Groundnuts 1/2 cup
- Sesame seeds 2 tsp
- Raw dried mango (whole- 1/4 cup or powder- 1/2 tsp)
- Whole spices like cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black pepper, clove buds)
- Powdered spices like turmeric powder, red chilli powder.
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Oil to mix in stuffing 1 tbsp and for cooking 2 tbsp.
- Wash thoroughly the capsicum and slit to remove all seeds.
- To make stuffing dry roast the whole spices, groundnuts, sesame seeds and whole dried mango (Amchur)
- Let it cool down and grind to a coarse powder.
- Mix other powdered spices, salt, gram flour, sugar and 1 tbsp oil. Mix well. Add 1-2 tbsp water as required.
- Fill this stuffing in the capsicum
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and shallow fry these stuffed capsicums.
- Cover and let it cook for 15-20 minutes on low to medium flame.
- Add some water in between so it won't get burnt.
Serve with any bread of your choice like chapati or poories