Greetings again my fellow Hivers, it's me @JustinParke with the latest Plant-Based Weekly Cooking Challenge, where I feature last week's winners and provide a new set of ingredients for this week's challenge.
Plant-Power Cooking Challenge
🥦🌽🍉 WEEK #24 🍈🍅🥜
I'm always doing my best to provide you all with a fun but challenging set of ingredients and/or cooking styles that will keep us all entertained. I hope I've done it once again and and have you all excited for this week's new challenge. I am looking forward to what you all with share with me this, so let the ideas begin brewing now.
It's Thursday again, and that means a new challenge and new ingredients, each of which you may use one or more within your recipe submission. Not only is this challenge published from this account, I also share the link within the Plant Power curation posted every Thursday via the main @NaturalMedicine account. Now let's have a look at the winners of last week's challenge.
Plant Power Cooking ChallengeHIVE rewards sponsored by @plantstoplanks
Week #23 Winner(s)
We always love when a chef makes a video tutorial, as they are generally more engaging than a written recipe post. What's even better is when the video is filmed well and the quality is good. This post has it all, an awesome video and an awesome recipe, just as healthy as it is delicious. This Indonesian chef never fails to impress us with her creativity in the kitchen.
Congratulations @aswita! You are the winner of 3 HIVE and a 5% beneficiary of this post.
2nd & 3rd Prize Winners
Chef @farmlife's thoran made from bitter gourd was very appealing, and I could almost smell the coconut and curry leaves as I read his post. If you've ever eaten bitter gourd, you know exactly why the name "bitter" is in the name of this vegetable. It takes a good spice mix and pairing with other flavors to bring the bitterness down to acceptable levels, so this chef's flavors are what stand out to me. Excellent work chef!
No we travel to the far north of Canada where we find chef @carolynstahl's tempting yuba nuggets. If these little treats were left unattended in my house too long, I know my daughters (@kidsisters) would leave me an empty plate. These beancurd skin nuggets are also served with some very choice sauces, so defnitely check this recipe out.
There was also tempting recipes like @sreypov's 🍋 Lime Pickle Sour Soup 🍅 With Beancurd Skin 🍲 Ital/Vegan Recipe, @journeylife's Homemade Watermelon Juice, @chacald.dcymt's Venezuelan Cachapas 🌽, and @umirais's Watermelon-Corn Beverage. Be sure to check these gems out if you have time.
Week #24 Ingredients/Styles:
- You can create a dish with all three ingredients, or just one, or even two.
- You can use any other ingredient you like, but one of the listed vegetables should be the feature of the dish.
- You can use item(s) from the other column if you'd like to use a sweet in your savory or a savory in your sweet, but you must use at least one ingredient in the recommended flavor style.
- No animal products can be used
- Post in the Natural Medicine community and use any other tag such as #vegan, #plantbased, and #foodie, as your secondary tags
- Please drop the link below this post.
- Also, don't forget the #naturalmedicine tag if you want to earn LOTUS.
- Each week I'll choose a winner to be receive part post beneficiary of my curation posts.
- 1st prize is 3 HIVE + 5% post beneficiary, 2nd prize is 2 HIVE + 3% post beneficiary, and 3rd prize is 2% post beneficiary. HIVE rewards courtesy of @plantstoplanks.
- If you'd like to sponsor this challenge, please drop a message below.
- Great posts may get nominated for OCD support, reblogged, tweeted and even tipped!
Earn LOTUS and HIVE rewards for sharing your natural health content on www.naturalmedicine.io. If you don't already have a HIVE account, you can sign up for
FREEhere. We support writers sharing about herbalism, TCM, yoga, meditation, vegan and other healthy diets, as well as earth-centered practices such as foraging, permaculture, and biodynamics - read more about us here!
Delegate | Community | Discord | LotusChat