Greetings again my fellow Hivers, it's me @JustinParke with the latest Plant-Based Weekly Cooking Challenge, where I feature last week's winners and provide a new set of ingredients for this week's challenge.
Plant-Power Cooking Challenge
🥦🌽🍉 WEEK #23 🍈🍅🥜
For this weeks' challenge, I feel I provided a good challenge. It's harvest time in a lot of the northern hemisphere, and sweet corn is now in season in my former home in southern Indiana. But you'll find corn in the sweet side this week, and believe it or not, corn is well-suited for desserts, especially sweet corn.
It's Thursday again, and that means a new challenge and new ingredients, each of which you may use one or more within your recipe submission. Not only is this challenge published from this account, I also share the link within the Plant Power curation posted every Thursday via the main @NaturalMedicine account.
Plant Power Cooking ChallengeHIVE rewards sponsored by @shanibeer
Week #22 Winner(s)
The above spread by one of our super-duper chefs was easily this week's winner. The greens, the sauce, the mashed potatoes, the tomatoes, and last but not least, the gluten and bean steak, a meal fit for vegan Kings and Queens. Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of western foods, but this whole plate is bursting with flavor, and I'm sure 4 of these plates would disappear in seconds if left in my family's house.
Congratulations @carolynstahl! You are the winner of 3 HIVE and a 5% beneficiary of this post.
2nd & 3rd Prize Winners
Chef @aswita's pudding is as beautiful as it is silky smooth. You can almost taste this recipe as she walks you through steps in her post. By the time you finish reading, you'll be looking around the room waiting for some of this heavenly pudding to appear. Luckily this can be prepared easily at home with simple ingredients, although pandan leaves (not 100% necessary) may be difficult to find in some countries.
Next up is an awesome sandwich from a stellar chef, and although an anaconda might struggle to open its mouth large enough to take a bite, I think I could figure it out in a few seconds. The sandwich is black bean-based, and with the accompanying 3Speak tutorial video, any one should be able to reproduce this in their home kitchen.
Week #23 Ingredients/Styles:
- You can create a dish with all three ingredients, or just one, or even two.
- You can use any other ingredient you like, but one of the listed vegetables should be the feature of the dish.
- You can use item(s) from the other column if you'd like to use a sweet in your savory or a savory in your sweet, but you must use at least one ingredient in the recommended flavor style.
- No animal products can be used
- Post in the Natural Medicine community and use any other tag such as #vegan, #plantbased, and #foodie, as your secondary tags
- Please drop the link below this post.
- Also, don't forget the #naturalmedicine tag if you want to earn LOTUS.
- Each week I'll choose a winner to be receive part post beneficiary of my curation posts.
- 1st prize is 3 HIVE + 5% post beneficiary, 2nd prize is 2 HIVE + 3% post beneficiary, and 3rd prize is 2% post beneficiary. HIVE rewards courtesy of @shanibeer.
- If you'd like to sponsor this challenge, please drop a message below.
- Great posts may get nominated for OCD support, reblogged, tweeted and even tipped!
Earn LOTUS and HIVE rewards for sharing your natural health content on www.naturalmedicine.io. If you don't already have a HIVE account, you can sign up for
FREEhere. We support writers sharing about herbalism, TCM, yoga, meditation, vegan and other healthy diets, as well as earth-centered practices such as foraging, permaculture, and biodynamics - read more about us here!
Delegate | Community | Discord | LotusChat