I hope you are having a wonderful week so far. We are having rain here in Toronto area after few beautiful days, but it is April after all.
Most importantly, I have a brand new recipe for you, delicious and spongy SPRING DONUTS, with creamy WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE. And of course, I also made a video for you!
As you can see, I decorated them with my favorite flowers, the most adorable PANSIES. As I mentioned in this POST, although, I don't eat them, lol.
However, you must admit they make food, especially desserts, and salads absolutely lovely. Although, besides violets they are many other edible spring flowers. For example, Violets, Forsythia, Sakura (cherry blossom) and of course Dandelion.
I also like to decorate with crab apple blossoms, but they are not flowering yet. We have lots of trees on our street. Apple blossoms are edible as well and even crab apples blossoms. The fruit can be use to make jelly for example, but I haven not try that yet. I don't even think about piking the fruit, since I know it is a source of food for the birds, during the winter.
Spring Donuts dipped in smooth White Chocolate glaze are lovely treat for anytime of the year. However,decorating them with pansies gives them the right look. Not to mention they are delicious and healthy.
Vegan – Gluten Free –Refined Sugar Free – Guilt free
1 hr 10 mins
Yield: 12 donuts
donuts silicone mold 2 x 6, mini ice cream scoop, electric blender, food processor.
- 1 cup of plain almond milk or plant-based milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of plant-based butter room temperature, I use organic Earth Balance
- 1 cup of raw coconut sugar
- ½ cup apple sauce no sugar added
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cup gluten free mix I use Bob’s Red mill
- 1 cup almond flour
WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- ½ cup of cashews soaked for 6 hours and rinsed
- 4 tbsp water
- 100 g raw cacao butter
- 1/4 cup raw coconut oil
- ¼ cup fat caned coconut cream room temperature
- ½ cup powdered Erythritol sifted
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp spirulina for blue glaze
- Blend plant-based milk with apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, vanilla extract and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350F, 175C and have your silicone donut molds ready.
- In a large bowl, blend butter with coconut sugar and whisk with electric blender until the mixture turns into a foam.
- Add apple sauce and whisk little longer.
- Slowly mix in almond flour and whisk again.
- Gradually start adding gluten free mix and milk.
- When ready scoop 3 mini-ice cream scoops per donut and fill your molds.
- With a small spatula, smooth out the surface and tap couple times each mold for the batter to settle.
- Bake for 25minutes or until the toothpick comes clean.
- When ready, let them cool down for 10 minutes before removing from the mold.
- Pel them out gently and place them on cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before dipping.
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- Blend cashews in a food processor with 4tbsp water and set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt the cacao butter with coconut oil.
- Transfer to a large bowl and whisk with Erythritol.
- Add coconut cream with vanilla extract and whisk again.
- Add cashew cream and whisk until smooth.
- At this point the mixture thickens, therefore, scoop with ice cream scoop or spoon and melt above steam again.
- Transfer back to a bowl and let it cool. Do not worry it will not get thick anymore.
- When ready, dip 6 donuts and place them on cooling rack with parchment paper underneath.
- Wait couple of minutes then transfer them into freezer for 5 minutes. Dip them again to attain a thicker layer.
- For the blue glaze, add the spirulina and whisk well.
- Repeat same process, with the remaining donuts.
- When you done, place all donuts into a refrigerator over night.
If you missed my previous recipe please take a look here:
THANK YOU FOR VISITING & HAVE A WONDERUL WEEK