Tempeh Kebabs marinade in Homemade BBQ Sauce, served with Creamy Dressing are perfect addition to your BBQ parties this upcoming season. They can be oven baked or barbequed. The choice is yours!
Vegan – Gluten Free - Refined Sugar Free
• 250 gr Tempeh evenly cubed
• 200 gr Cremini mushrooms cut into quarters or halves, depends on their size
• Large onion cut into quarters
• 2 tbsp grape seed oil or oil of your choice
• Homemade BBQ Sauce recipe included in notes
• ½ cup raw cashews (soaked 4 to 6 hours)
• ½ cup Filtered water
• Juice from ½ lime
• 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
• Blend all in a high-power blender until smooth
• Make your kebabs by piercing tempeh cubes, onion, and mushrooms on each skewer.
• Place in a large container and brush each kebab with little bit of oil first and then BBQ sauce on both sides.
• Cover with lid or plastic wrap and place into a refrigerator for couple of hours or overnight to marinade.
• FOR OVEN BAKED
• Preheat the oven to 400F.
• When ready, arrange them on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You may brush with more BBQ sauce before baking. Bake for 30min.
• Reset the oven to broil and bake for 5 to 7 min longer.
• Preheat the grill to 400F, 200C.
• Grill for 20min while turning kebabs every 5minutes, while brushing with more BBQ sauce.
• Serve with creamy dressing.
Video for BBQ sauce is coming up soon, in the meantime, please follow this link:
Thank you for visiting