My Covid Experience - Thanks to all of you I'm still alive too

I want to tell you my experience since it is a subject that I had to live in the flesh, that touches me the most sensitive fibers that I can have, and raise awareness to those people that even with everything that is happening in the world are incredulous to believe that the virus does exist and that it is capable of ending your peace of mind and your life in just minutes, hearing COVID-19, is something that immediately takes me to remember that situation when I suffered from it.

It all started on Thursday, April 1st, when I came home from my service, my sister in law was at home and she told me "Cuñis" Gabriel is infected with the virus, I was so surprised I asked her "really? she told me - yes, he has all the symptoms and we have to go fast, she told me in fact he already started to take oral treatment, and he is isolated, I can not deny that my heart shrank because from the beginning I did believe in the Covid.

Quiero contarles mi experiencia, ya que es un tema que me tocó vivir en carne propia, que me toca las fibras mas sensibles que puedo tener, y concienciar a esas personas que aún con todo lo que esta pasando en el mundo están incrédulas a creer en que el virus si existe y que es capaz de acabar con tu tranquilidad y tu vida en sólo minutos, escuchar decir COVID-19, es algo que enseguida me lleva a recordar aquella situación cuando lo padecí.

Todo comenzó el jueves primero de Abril, cuando llegué de cumplir mi servicio, mi cuñada estaba en casa y me dice "Cuñis" Gabriel esta contagiado con el virus, yo así tipo sorprendida le pregunte ¿en serio?, me dijo - sí, tiene todos los síntomas y hay que andarle rápido,me dijo de hecho ya empezó a tomar tomar tratamiento oral, y esta aislado, no puedo negar que mi corazón se achicopalo porque desde un principio yo si creí en el Covid.

Foto tomada el día jueves 1ro de abril - Photo taken on Thursday, April 1st

The next day my mother said that she had spent the night with fever and malaise, and with two in the house with symptoms we decided to isolate all of us, by that time none of us left the house, my brother Ruben Dario and my Cuñis offered to do the shopping and any errands that involved leaving the house, all for the protection of other people, the community and our families, so those days passed, my stepfather and I did the household chores, and in turn more, I pending Gabriel's treatment.

Monday, April 5th arrived, there began what would be the most difficult days that I have gone through, fever to 39 °, general malaise were the first symptoms, then we were three, and at this point, we had to do the test, it was coordinated for Wednesday, we went my mom, my stepfather, Gabriel and myself, my daughter did not go because she was not showing any symptoms, we were very early in the Hospital City Dr. Enrique Tejera CHET, according to us, we had to go to the hospital to be tested, we were very early in the morning. Enrique Tejera CHET, according to them they would do the rapid test, but it was not like that, they did the Nasal Swab test (a super horrible sensation I felt). The results were delivered the next day, it was that Thursday, April 8 when they gave us the results and confirmed what we knew, but that we feared so much, the covid POSITIVE + for all four of us.

Al día siguiente mi mamá dice que había pasado la noche con fiebre y malestar, ya con dos en la casa con síntomas pues decidimos aislarnos todos, ya para ese momento ninguno salíamos de la casa, mi hermano Rubén Darío y mi Cuñis se ofrecieron para hacer las compras y cualquier diligencia que implicara salír de la casa, todo para resguardo de las demas personas, de la comunidad y nuestros familiares, así pasaron esos días mi padrastro y yo hacíamos los quehaceres del hogar, y a su vez más, yo pendiente del tratamiento de Gabriel.

Llega el día lunes 5 de Abril, ahí comenzó lo que serían los días más difíciles por los que he pasado, fiebre a 39°, malestar general fueron los primeros síntomas, entonces ya éramos tres, ya en este punto nos tocaba hacernos la prueba, se coordino para el día miércoles, fuimos mi mamá, mi padrastro, Gabriel y mi persona, mi hija no fue ya ella no estaba presentando ningún síntoma, estuvimos muy temprano en la Ciudad Hospitalaria Dr. Enrique Tejera CHET, según nos harían la prueba rápida, pero no fue así, nos hicieron la prueba de Hisopado Nasal (sensación super horrible que sentí). Los resultado los entregaban al día siguiente, fue ese jueves 8 de abril cuando dieron los resultados y nos confirmaron lo que que sabíamos, pero que tanto temíamos el fulano Covid POSITIVO + para los cuatro.

Los positivos son los que aparecen en la lista en rojo y subrayados - Positives are those listed in red and underlined.


I continued with fever, and each time the temperature was higher and more frequent, my stepfather also began with malaise and fever, so we were the four who were with these symptoms, and at that point, Natalia @laloretoyya offered to take my daughter home as she was the only asymptomatic in the house, but a pediatrician was called to discuss the situation if it was necessary to do that, and she told us that it was too late, that even though she had no symptoms she was also infected, my stepfather and I were still the ones who were better off, when we did not have a fever we did the chores, we did the dishes, we cooked, we did the laundry, I cleaned the house, etc, since my mom and Gabriel were sick and would not get out of bed because of the great discomfort caused by the fever.

It was then on Sunday, April 11th when my situation worsened in a matter of minutes, by that time @jauregui98 was receiving intravenous treatment because days before his health situation had become complicated, I was administering him medicine that had been prescribed to which he had a reaction and I was trying to pass him some solution through his vein so that the reaction would subside, I started to feel dizzy, nauseous, a strong headache invaded me, and a pain in my chest that did not let me breathe, I felt that I could not take it anymore, I saw my brother shaking horribly and not being able to do anything devastated me, I said to myself God help me to help him! And at that moment, like an angel from heaven, my sister-in-law Katherine arrived with my brother and I told her "Cuñis, help me with Gabriel, I can't take it anymore", that was the last thing I said to her before falling into bed.

Since that Sunday the discomfort increased, as well as the fever was already over 40°, my body hurt a lot and little by little I began to be short of breath more and more, that day arrived @iritere that armed with courage, humanity, and vocation accepted to attend us, many things happened during those days that I do not know, my mind was clouded, for me, a day was worse than the previous one, I did not want to eat or drink anything, and when they gave me even a sip of juice I would vomit it, the pain in my chest was unbearable, I was short of breath, I felt anguish, fear, many emotions took over me, I began to receive oxygen and that improved my saturation, but it did not relieve my chest pain, I spent the day with the door of my room open and the view I had was a table where they placed all the supplies and medicines that we had to take, that was full from end to end, I said: "we are very bad".

Yo continuaba con fiebre, y cada vez la temperatura era más elevada y más frecuente, mi padrastro también empezó con malestar y fiebre, o sea ya éramos los cuatro que estábamos con esa sintomatología, ya en ese punto Natalia @laloretoyya se ofreció para llevarse a mi hija a su casa ya era la única asintomática en la casa, pero se llamó a una pediatra para comentarle la situación si era necesario hacer eso, y nos dijo que no que ya era demasiado tarde, que aunque ella no presentaba síntomas por lógica también estaba contagiada, mi padrastro y yo seguíamos siendo los que estábamos mejorcitos que cuando no teníamos fiebre hacíamos los quehaceres, fregábamos, cocinábamos, lavábamos la ropa, yo limpiaba la casa, etc, ya que mi mamá y Gabriel estaban malitos y no se paraban de la cama a causa del gran malestar que les producía la fiebre.

Fue entonces el domingo 11 de abril cuando mi situación empeoró en cuestión de minutos, ya para el momento @jauregui98 recibía tratamiento intravenoso porque días antes su situación de salud se había complicado, le estaba administrando un medicamento que le habían recetado al cual hizo reacción y yo intentando pasarle solución por vena para que dicha reacción fuera cediendo, empecé a sentirme mareada, con náuseas, un fuerte dolor de cabeza me invadió,y un dolor en el pecho que me no me dejaba respirar, yo sentía que ya no podía más, veía a mi hermano temblar de una manera horrible y no poder hacer nada me devastó, yo dentro de mí dije ¡Dios mío ayúdame para ayudarlo! Y en ese momento como un ángel caído del cielo llego mi cuñada Katherine junto a mi hermano y le dije Cuñis ayúdame con Gabriel yo ya no puedo más, fue lo último que le dije antes de caer en cama.

Desde ese domingo el malestar aumentaba, así como la fiebre ya pasaba los 40°, me dolía mucho el cuerpo y poco a poco me empezó a faltar del aire mas y más, ese día llegó @iritere que armada de valor, humanidad y vocación aceptó atendernos, hay muchas cosas que pasaron durante esos días que yo no sé, mi mente se nublo, para mi un día era peor que el anterior, ya no me provocaba comer ni beber nada, y cuando me daban así sea un trago de jugo ya lo vomitaba, el dolor en el pecho era insoportable, el aire me faltaba, sentía angustia, miedo, fueron muchas emociones que se apoderaron de mí, empecé a recibir oxígeno y eso mejoraba mi saturación, pero no aliviaba mi dolor del pecho, pasaba el día con la puerta de mi cuarto abierta y la vista que tenia era una mesa donde colocaban todo los insumos y medicamentos que nos tenían que colocar, eso estaba lleno de punta a punta, yo decía "estamos bien mal".


Here at home as they saw that the treatment we were receiving was not working, there was no improvement anywhere and decided to take Gabriel and me to a clinic, the doctor very kindly attended us, she told me to continue placing Levofloxacin and Meropenem both intravenously, plus hydration of a thousand cc a day by the level of dehydration that I had, I do not remember how often, and so I spent several days in bed, they bathed me and I did everything because the simple fact of sitting up was the most painful thing you can imagine, I spent the nights awake without moving because I could not even open my eyes, and when I woke up I thought "they are going to come and sit me up! That was horrible for me, I lost track of the days, the hours, of everything, I only thought and asked myself: "If I am gone, what will become of my daughter?

Aquí en casa como vieron que el tratamiento que recibíamos no nos estaba haciendo efecto, no se veía mejoría por ningún lado y deciden llevarnos a Gabriel y mí a una clínica, la Doctora muy amable nos atendió , me indico que me siguieran colocando Levofloxacina y le anexo Meropenem ambos por vía intravenosa, mas hidratación de mil cc al día por el nivel de deshidratación que presentaba, nebulización no recuerdo cada cuanto tiempo, y así pase varios días en cama, ahí me bañaban y hacia todo porque el simple hecho de sentarme era lo mas doloroso que ustedes se puedan imaginar, las noches las pasaba en vela sin moverme, porque ni los ojos podía abrir, y cuando amanecía yo pensaba ¡ya me van a venir a sentar! Eso para mi era horrible, perdí la noción de los días, las horas, de todo, sólo pensaba y me preguntaba ¿si yo falto que será de mi hija?


One of the many days that I felt that I could no longer, and so, I had no more strength to move forward, I took a bible that I asked at some point to be placed next to my bed, I asked with all my faith to God in the name of his son Jesus to speak to me through his word, and I opened it at random and this was his answer, I began to improve, slowly but it was a safe recovery, I cried but with joy because he was telling me "here I am, I heard you, I'm with you.

Uno de tantos días que sentía que ya no podía, y es así, no tenia más fuerzas para seguir adelante, tome una biblia que le pedí en algún momento que me la colocarán a un lado de mi cama, le pedí con toda mí fe a Dios en nombre de su hijo Jesús que me hablara a través de su palabra, y la abrí al azar y esta fue su respuesta, empecé a mejorar, lentamente pero era una recuperación segura, yo lloraba pero de gozó porque él estaba diciéndome "aquí estoy, te escuche , estoy contigo.


On Friday the 16th, I already felt a noticeable improvement, I was walking and felt a little energy, and what better way to celebrate not only my improvement but that of my whole family, I thought of making lasagna the next day, also to say goodbye to @iritere and in gratitude for his excellent work.

El día viernes 16, ya sentía una mejoría bastante notable, ya caminaba y sentía un poco de energía, y que mejor manera de celebrar no solo mi mejoría sino la de toda mi familia, que se me ocurrió hacer un pasticho al dia siguiente, tambien para despedir a @iritere y en agradecimiento por su excelente trabajo.


I know that at all times God was there, and opened roads, and placed good people for us to emerge victorious from all this, good people like those who make up this family of Hive, because for me they are more than a community, they are a big family, who selflessly joined together to give us the economic, moral and spiritual support that we needed so much, because I did not tell you but the expenses in medicine, supplies, transportation, consultations, food and care were covered thanks to Hive, and yes it was enough, without their help the story would be another, and it was not only economic but as I already mentioned we also received moral support from her with a beautiful video that I could see when she was already recovered (which by the way made me cry), giving my brother @jauregui98 words of encouragement and prayers that we needed so much, and that act of kindness and union was one of the things that made me want to belong to this community, not only for personal interest, but because through this platform as well as they helped me I can also help, and that this story and this act of kindness and humanity will serve to unite more people every day, God bless your good deeds and your big heart to all.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! @roadstories, @laloretoyya, @gorayii, @josecarrerag, @elizabeths14, @theycallmedan, @miguelmederico,, @amandaj, @angelica7, @arlettemsalase, @aurodivys, @mballesteros, @eddiespino, @elizabeths14, @byercatire, @eugelys, @fermionico, @geadriana, @gorayii, @grisvisa, @gr33nm4ster, @ikasumanera, @ilazramusic, @enrique89, @laloretoyya, @mafalda2018, @mariana4ve, @marybellrg, @mau189gg, @sacra97, @samgiset, @dracrow, @eddiespino, @eugelys, @smooth-a, @acidyo, @bluemist, @rondon, @juliakponsford, @ybanezkim26, @fabiyamada, and all those missing here.

This experience taught me so many lessons, among them to value the most simple and obvious things such as the fact of breathing without pain, not complaining about material things, that everything lies in health, to be grateful to everyone, and if I also have the opportunity to help someone as well as they helped me I will do it, and here God is the one who decides who goes ahead and who does not.


Sé que en todo momento Dios estuvo ahí, y abrió caminos, y colocó gente buena para que saliéramos victoriosos de todo esto, gente buena como son los que conforman esta familia de Hive, porque para mí son más que una comunidad son una gran familia, que desinteresadamente se unieron para darnos ese apoyo tanto económico, moral, y espiritual que tanto necesitábamos, porque no se los conté pero los gastos en medicina, insumos, transporte, consultas, comida y cuidados se cubrieron gracias a Hive,y si que fue bastante, sin su ayuda la historia sería otra, y no solo fue lo económico sino como ya lo mencioné también recibimos apoyo moral de su parte con un hermoso vídeo que pude ver cuando ya estaba recuperada (que por cierto me hizo llorar), dándole a mi hermano @jauregui98 palabras de aliento y oraciones que tanto necesitábamos, y ese acto de bondad y de unión fue una de las cosas que me motivo a querer pertenecer a esta comunidad, no lo sólo por el interés personal, sino porque a través de esta plataforma así como a mi me ayudaron yo también podré ayudar, y que esta historia y este acto de bondad y humanidad sirva para que cada día se unan más personas, Dios bendiga sus buenas acciones y su gran corazón a todos.

¡GRACIAS, MIL GRACIAS! @roadstories, @laloretoyya, @gorayii, @josecarrerag, @elizabeths14, @theycallmedan, @miguelmederico,, @amandaj, @angelica7, @arlettemsalase, @aurodivys, @mballesteros, @eddiespino, @elizabeths14, @byercatire, @eugelys, @fermionico, @geadriana, @gorayii, @grisvisa, @gr33nm4ster, @ikasumanera, @ilazramusic, @enrique89, @laloretoyya, @mafalda2018, @mariana4ve, @marybellrg, @mau189gg, @sacra97, @samgiset, @dracrow, @eddiespino, @eugelys, @smooth-a, @acidyo, @bluemist, @rondon, @juliakponsford, @ybanezkim26, @fabiyamada, y todos los que faltan aquí.

Esta experiencia me dejó tantas enseñanzas entre esas a valorar las cosas mas simples y evidentes como es el hecho de respirar sin dolor, de no quejarme por cosas materiales, que todo radica en la salud, a ser agradecida con todos, y si también tengo la oportunidad de ayudar a alguien así como a mi ayudaron lo haré, y aquí Dios es quien decide quien sigue adelante y quien no. NO SUBESTIMES EL COVID, CUIDATE Y CUIDA A LOS TUYOS.

Mi revisión para el alta médica - My medical evaluation for medical discharge


Domingo 18 de abril, libre de covid - Sunday, April 18, free of covid

3 columns
2 columns
1 column