This week's edition saw nine great entries - two up from last time. While I'm on numbers, our Silver Bloggers' community is now up to 171 members, of whom 94 are active users.
(Translation: too long; didn't (don't want to) read.... It'll just take 5 minutes...
If you don't want to read too much, skip to the end and for the #bow winner and the new topic.
This week's contributions
Before I get to the entries, a word from the panel:
Again there were some super entries. There was a clear winner and we were unanimous about the top three and one which gets a special mention.
Do pop over and read the contributions.
- you can find all the entries by putting #bow in the search bar on whichever of the Hive interfaces you use
- that even though payout dates may have gone, you can still comment and reward deserving posts by sending a tip
- From next week's competition, if you do not include the #bow, your entry will not be considered. Full instructions about how to enter, coming up towards the end of this post.
Embracing Silver: living, learning and making peace with Mondays
Like last time, our members contributions are as diverse as we all are. About life, its ups and downs, from hair to old dogs learning new tricks.
The silver selection - the top 3
As I mentioned, it was not a difficult decision: here are the three shining contributions.
A life journey - before and after silver hair
Forty is NOT old
senora renegade @carolynstahl ranted, understandably, how so many folk, when they reach forty, complain about how old they are. She observes how the younger set perceive anyone beyond a half century as virtually the living dead, but when challenged, would be hard pressed to keep up the her pace!
Blog of the Week: a n old dog knucklehead learns new tricks
One of our resident funny men is this week's clear winner. He had the entire panel in fits of laughter about learning new tech related things, and specifically for posting on Hive. And, to boot, went and blamed it all on @riverflows! Mind you, if it were me, River, and this is the result, I'd take it!
So, @thebigsweed, congratulations and here's to you and continuing to learn - well into your dotage!
What @thebigsweed wins
@thebigsweed wins 50% of rewards on this post so his account has been set as a beneficiary.
Theme for the week ending 28 June 2021
The theme for the new week comes from panel member @ericvancewalton and is a question to ponder
"If you could go back in time and change one thing in your life, what would it be? "
If you have topic suggestions, please leave them in the comments?
How to enter your post for the Blog of the Week (#BoW)
- Posts must be in English and obviously centre on the week’s topic.
- Prose must be a minimum of 350 words. If it’s a photo or graphic essay, the photos must be your original work and preferably with some sort of back-story to the images.
- The blog must be posted in/from our community
- Tag it #BoW - blog of the week. And follow the tag so you can easily find other entries.
- Share the link to your post in the comments of this post.
The contest closes at midnight GMT (also known as UTC) on Monday 28 June 2021 and the winners will be announced later the following week.
Thanks as always to the panel headed up by @lizelle, with @papilloncharity, @ericvancewalton, @tarazkp and I (@fionasfavourites). We may, from time to time contribute to #bow, but will not be considered for prizes.
Speaking of the panel, and this week's theme, Eric celebrates an epic half century tomorrow. So -
Help to build the Silver Bloggers’ community
We’d like to be able to support our members (with decent upvotes and prizes) and grow this community. Help us do this in one of three ways (or all three):
- add the community account to your fanbase so that you can autovote the Silver Bloggers community account (@hive-106316)
- with a delegation which you can either do yourself from your wallet, or pick an amount from the table below
- add @hive106316 as a 5% beneficiary when you post in the community
Come and join our Silver Bloggers community